In a strange kind of way, I'm kind of glad that we had to end up watching the movie twice.
Watching it the second time, I realized something very important. If you happen to be watching a very good movie (like the one we saw in class), you get something new from it every time you watch it. You notice a little hint at the plot in one place, understand something you didn't get before. It's easier to focus on the great movie filming techniques and tricks the director used when you're not worrying about what will happen next.
A few tiny things that I noticed/didn't understand before
- When Alex is leaving the photography studio, one of the henchmen of Neuville was standing by the building, obviously on watch
- Alex runs away before the police come to make sure he makes it to the park on time to meet up with Margot.
- Helene is the wife of Alex's sister. I really didn't understand this until the second time. I just thought they were in an open relationship.
The other big thing I noticed was the use of music and audio during the film. When the situations were more tense, the volume increased to a very high level. This was prevalent during the scene where Alex was crossing the highway. At the same time, the music immediately got softer when Alex got a break during his chase. The music changed immediately and drastically, almost like it was coming from his thoughts. That really shows a good soundtrack.
No comments:
Post a Comment