You know I thought I was understanding what was going on in The Prisoner. Of course I was wrong, because nobody can ever understand what's going on in The Prisoner. This week's episode: A new resident joins the village (another resigned agent) and she and Number 6 once again attempt escape.
The thing is though, in the village, everything's a circle. When you try to leave, you end up circling right back around again. I'd have to say the moment he opened the doors of the spy office to discover he was really just back in The Village was true hysteria. It's like the village is clinging to him; you think you're out, but you just end up right back where you were again, like a never-ending nightmare.
Another thing I noticed, you always seem to see the same 2 residents over and over again. One of them had a white and orange striped shirt, and I don't particularly remember the other one but I know that they were shorter. Number 6 would see them when he started walking, and then when he was at the end of the street, they would just appear again out of nowhere. It's like the circle, they just come right back around again.
Enough about the prisoner. It's Pantoum time! The Pantoum poem pretty much writes itself, by repeating 2 of the lines you wrote into the next stanza, and then taking those 2 new lines and putting them into the next stanza. I think this poetry form is sort of like Madlibs. The way that the lines are shifted and randomly put together, you're never really sure of how it's going to sound in the end until you read it all, and it usually ends up pretty random. It's so much fun!
I was finally introduced to the STAC t-shirts, a huge tradition. A lot of those t-shirts I would've worn myself, even though I wasn't in STAC the year they came out for. Personally I kind of liked the charactertures (sorry Luke). I can't wait for this year's t-shirt!
It's ok - I am used to the charactertures - the tomato.... sigh. Oh, well, I have to cook.
ReplyDelete