When brainstorming ideas for the wall faces, I imagined having a bunch of self-portraits where I cover my face with things like toilet paper, saran wrap, and paper bags. Then I asked myself, "If I put a plastic bag over my face, how will I breathe?" In response, I decided to take pictures with my mouth showing, thinking that it would look utterly gruesome and cool at the same time, and prevent me from dying. To make the mouth look more prominent, I colored the lips and tongue while keeping the rest of the image black and white.
The biggest problem I had while taking the pictures was making sure that my head was centered in the right spot. I put the camera on a tripod and pointed it at the wall, but I couldn't figure out where to stand in order to be center shot. Obviously I couldn't look through the lens. In the end, I just decided to mark the center with a pencil. Hopefully it will erase. Right?
I also had a bit of a problem navigating the scene with my eyes covered. The walk between the spot where I covered my face to where I needed to take a picture was quite the adventure. I stuck my arms out and stepped around very slowly, hoping I wouldn't trip over my dad's boardgames or knock anything over. Perhaps there is a better way I could've approached this. Maybe I should've tried getting help, but it is what it is.
 |
| Aluminum foil. This one's my favorite! |
 |
| Toilet paper |
 |
| Saran wrap. I'm not sure if my mouth looks too fake on this. Also, I'm not sure if it fits the theme because you can see my face. I must decide what to do with this. |
 |
| Plastic bag |
 |
| Gift wrap. My mom helped me on this one. |
I want to do 8 images on this. So far, I have 5. I need to figure out what else I can use to cover my face.
These are amazing! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteRemember - they have to crop to 8x10