Matisse and La Cage Madness!
I have heard from many people that STAC field trips are completely amazing. Now, I have finally gotten to witness them for myself. They're completely amazing.
It was so cool to see the paintings that I only saw pictures of the computer of up front in person. I always like looking at original copies of art. If you look really closely you can see the little individual brush strokes and how the artists made the painting. To me, seeing the paint makes the painting seem like a reality, and not just a made up fantasy. With Matisse it was more interesting though because not only did you see the individual brush strokes, but you could also he how he scratched away at pretty much all of his paints. You can also see how he layered the paint, and how he tried to cover up his mess ups with a background of color. See, even the experts make tons of mistakes.
La Cage aux Folles. What can I say? It's probably one of the most craziest musicals I have ever seen ever, and one of the most amazing. Its not everyday you see a bunch of cross dressers putting on a drag show. Even less often, you usually don't see into the life of these people. In the musical, it actually showed what a gay family was like, which I thought was interesting. My personal favorite characters are Albin and the maid. They were hilarious.
I can't wait until the next field trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment