Busby Berkeley, and Why I'm Such a Failure at Blogging
I still remember when we first were revealed our focus for art. Right before Ganes said who it was, I was thinking to myself "Oh I hope it's someone good." Then, he says "Busby Berkeley". Immediately, I thought "Who the hell is that?" When Ganes explained how he was a choreographer, I was even more confused. Why are we basing art off of dance? What did Busby Berkeley do that made him so important?
I realized later that in reality Busby Berkeley was really more of an artist than he was a choreographer. While most choreographers focus on individual dance moves and expressing a point, Busby Berkeley viewed it all as a big picture, and used his dancers for human illusions. As one documentary said, "He was like a little kid, and the dancers were his toys." It was something along those lines. Busby Berkeley's choreography was making geometric shapes with people, like looking through a kaleidescope. I think it's quite interesting. Maybe one day I'll watch one of the movies he choreographed for, like Gold Diggers of 1933.
On a totally random note, I am an awful blogger. I admit it. If I was better, I probably wouldn't be writing this right now on Friday. In general, I have trouble keeping records of my life. I usually forget to take pictures at social gatherings, and I've made 4 attempts to consistently keep up a diary, all of which have failed. Recently, I've realized why this is. I don't think it's because I'm lazy, or irresponsible. Well, maybe it's a bit of that. Mostly though, it's because I like taking life as it comes, instead of wasting time saying something that already happened. I like living in the moment, being happy, acting crazy. That's just who I am. I'm not saying that I won't try my best to blog, but it's just a bit hard for me.
It looks like journalism will not be one of my future careers.
I thought the same thing about Busby Berkley
ReplyDeleteI have also tried to keep a diary... but i always ended up drawing in it, turning it into a sketch pad!
A sketch pad is probably a more productive use for that notebook than a diary.
ReplyDelete