Be Kind Rewind, aka a skanky STAC acting debut
I already somewhat knew what Be Kind Rewind was after STAC night, but I was always really curious to see what it was for myself. Now I finally know.
I've made random movies with friends as a kid, but they usually came out as complete and utter crap. What would usually happen was we'd think of a random beginning to a story, and then start filming. We didn't have a script or an idea of what would happen next. Right before we set the camera to film we would decide who plays what part and then let the rest just happen. There wasn't even a coherent story line, so of course what ended up happening was we'd say incredibly weird things, and make a lot of poop jokes. But what's to be expected from a bunch of 10 year olds with a video camera?
I'm pleased to say that the video me and my group made was not like little kids telling poop jokes. We weren't given much time to plan the movie, but unlike my previous attempts, there was an actual plan set in place. We knew what scenes we wanted, who would say what in each scene, and where all these scenes will take place. Even though the plan was minimal, it was still better than no plan at all. I hope that we can get a STAC youtube channel put up, because after explaining to my friends why I was dressed up as a whore with Jesus they really want to see the movie.
I just want to say thanks to all the people in my group. The movie turned out amazing! Matt and Alex, the whole idea was hilarious! I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys on Saturday Night Live one day. Zach, you make a great Jesus. Mairead, the film came out great! No screw ups or anything. Caitlin, thanks for being new to this with me. It was nice to know there was someone else who was just as confused as I was.
No comments:
Post a Comment