This workshop worked out quite differently than I expected from the last workshop. I was expecting to go through the emotional cycle of sad, happy, angry, and scared. This wasn't the case for some reason. I felt one emotion, and that was happiness. It makes sense I suppose, considering all of the empowering exercises we did, screaming "I want it! It's all mine!" as well as screaming NO! to all of the responsibilities that he yelled back at us "Clean your room! Do your homework! Don't talk to me in that tone of voice!" Then we all held hands and ran in a circle, like we were children again. It was one of the only times I've felt really happy in a long time. Afterwards we all slid down the hallways in our socks. It didn't make the other adults very happy, but it didn't matter.
We then tried to act out part of a song as a monologue. He told us to imagine all of our friends and family on a boat while we're alone on the dock. The boat drives away. We had to say a monologue with this emotion. Many people were crying. For some reason though, I wasn't able to connect to the emotional part of myself no matter how hard I tried. This frustrated me a little, considering how emotional I was last time. Hopefully I haven't exhausted myself, but I don't see how that could be possible. Maybe next time will be intense enough for me to feel that emotional connection. For now though, I'm just left hanging.
No comments:
Post a Comment