Monday, November 4, 2013

My Repeated Daydream


For one reason or another, whenever I daydream, I usually have the same dream over and over. This is how it goes.

An incident happens, and I am seriously injured in someway. Sometimes the cause is menial, like falling off a bike. Other times it's a grander scheme, like a car crash or a house fire. Or maybe it's just a disease like cancer. Whatever the malady, it is never lethal, nor debilitating, but it does require me being dragged off to a hospital.

There is always a person that comes to me as I fall ill. I end up in the hospital, and he or she visits frequently, giving me gifts and news. Eventually, he or she confesses something along the lines of, "I never realized how much I cared about you until I saw how easily you could be taken away."

This daydream doesn't have much of an end. Usually I get bored of it or I'm interrupted into doing something else.

Who is the person that tends to me in my ailment? It's a person who I want to impress; someone who I wish desperately would love me, and express that love in a way that I can tangibly see. 

This desire of mine to be loved is strong in my life, but I don't speak about it very much. Perhaps it's one of my artistic issues.

1 comment: