Today we worked on the blues. We did the standard 12 bar, as well as learning a tag at the end. We focused on learning a good bass line and improvising. I love having a chance to improvise because it's such an important skill. It practices so many things including scales, listening, playing on the spot, and figuring out what works and what doesn't. It's pretty difficult to do, and my second goal of this workshop is to improve on my improvisation.
One thing I would like to do more of is learn more about Ska music. Last time we just worked on the cover of a song, and today we just worked on the blues, which is a pretty simple concept. I'd like to do what we were doing last Tuesday when we were learning about music theory and styling and other such things. Music theory is something that I need to improve on, since a lot of times it just blows over my head. I want to learn about the more intellectual aspects of this music than the actual putting into action, at least for the time being.
No comments:
Post a Comment