Friday, February 11, 2011
Ska Workshop 4
Today we worked on more improv and jamming. We stayed in the key of E while improving. I really, really dislike the key of E now, since on a saxophone the key is actually C#, which has 7 sharps. Not pleasant. Randomly, Freddie began to play a song. We all instantly knew what it was. Baba O'Reilly. This one was in the key of F, thankfully for me. It was so cool how without even saying the name of the song, we all instantly knew what it was and we all joined in. We're all learning how to jam as a band and listen to each other. It's really great because it's not often that I get to play music in a group (unless you count multiple violins, but that's something different). I really wish I was in a band. At least once I'm in one I'll know what to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
E is the best key for guitars, but a problem for everyone else. E and A, D, F and G, and B - these are guitar keys, but E and A are the best.
ReplyDelete