Today we worked on Baba O'Reilly. Nowadays with the workshop, we've mostly been working on group coordination and not so much music theory. That's really important though. I think in general, our group needs to learn to listen to each other more. And I'm not just saying that because I'm playing the saxophone without a microphone which is barely audible. I've found lately that there's not really a good balance between the different parts. When people have solos on the guitar, I can barely hear it over the chords. If we all listen to each other carefully, I'm sure we can learn more from each other instead of just focusing on our own repetitive parts.
In addition to just jamming, we interviewed Freddie. He talked about how hard work and practice will bring you anywhere you want to go. Considering how he's been in 2 successful bands and is about to release his 11th album, this seems pretty believable. In addition, he's collaborated with many other musicians and recorded for movies and TV shows. That's pretty much my goal. It was very inspiring to me to know that is really is possible to be successful if you work hard enough. I think I have a new role model.
No comments:
Post a Comment