I succeeded in some things, and not others. One problem I had yesterday was improving the flow of 2 different sections: one ending on a dance beat and the other beginning with an ambiguous sound. Instead of heightening towards the ambiguous noise, the song seemed to fall flat. Thankfully, I figured out that adding a soft ambiguous sound right before the transition gives a good lead up. In other words, it sounds a lot better now.
One problem I have is in the vocal track. I added some vocal effects to a part, and for some reason at the beginning of a phrase you can hear a boom sound. I clicked random buttons trying to find a solution, but I really couldn't figure it out.
![]() |
| Huh? |
![]() |
| What? |
![]() |
| AHHHH!!! |
Another problem I'm having is the lack of good keyboard sounds. The beats are great, but the synth pads and simulated orchestral instruments really leave something to be desired.
At any rate, let me talk about some inspirations!
In terms of electronic music, probably my favorite groups would be LCD Soundsystem, Justice, Passion Pit, and St. Vincent.
Some favorite songs:
Everything by LCD Soundsystem is great, but I like this song in particular because I think it's really nice. It makes me smile.
It's songs like these that made me wish I had a crazy synthesizer.
This is what I wish mainstream dance music was like.
I love the chorus on this, how it explodes into electronic symphony. It really shows the full scope of the capabilities, and it's beautiful in a robotic kind of way. Sort of like the robot that seems loving and caring but doesn't really have a heart inside. But who cares?
At any rate, I think I'm basically done with my project except for a few finishing details, exporting, etc. My plan for the next two days is to make another song, but using a different program. The Apple Store offers some really great music synths; a lot of which are totally free. By tomorrow, I'll find a good one and start playing with it. I don't know if I'll finish this next project so quickly, but I'll just see if I'll have 2 songs by Friday.



No comments:
Post a Comment