I've had quite a summer, from bribing viola players with candy to listen to Ben Folds Five, to learning the art of gypsy dance with Dutch people in Transylvania. Great experience, lots of learning, things like that.
I've been journaling daily since the beginning of the year, analyzing my behaviors and trying to improve upon them. I've tried to become more mature, less irritating, and happier in life. For the most part I have succeeded.
This year, I'm hoping that I can have set projects to work on, without many questions, without much room for interpretation. I know that one day I will have to learn how to make proper decisions, but for now, I simply want to make my way out of the vicious cycle of inaction. I need structure.
I've thought a lot and probably the most important thing I've learned is that you can't think your way out of everything. You grow through experience, not analyzation alone. Experience brings new factors for you to analyze. Without the influx of experiences, you end up in a thinking loop. It's physically impossible to conceive of your future possibilities 100%. There are factors that appear later that you don't know about earlier.
And so, my hope is to get more hands on. I've done the thinking and it's time to do the doing. Get the doing done. Done did. Doe.
No comments:
Post a Comment